VA and the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Here at the Crescenz VAMC, we have the Pfizer vaccine which has very strict handling requirements. For this reason, at this time, we are only vaccinating at the medical center in Philadelphia. We are still looking at ways to vaccinate at our outpatient clinics in NJ and PA. Because Wilmington and Coatesville VAMCs have the Moderna vaccine, and it is more portable, they have begun providing vaccines at their outpatient clinics.
- Veterans must be enrolled in VA health care to receive the vaccine through the VA. If you are aware of Veterans who are not enrolled, please encourage them to enroll in VA health care.
- Veterans will be called when they are eligible, based on CDC guidelines, to receive the vaccine through the VA. There is not sign-up list.
- If a Veteran can receive the vaccine quicker from another source, like a city or state vaccination location, they should not wait and should be vaccinated as soon as they can.
- The vaccine does not contain any live virus, and so you cannot get the virus from the vaccine.
For further information about the VA and the COVID vaccine, please see https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/
Please share this website with Veterans. Through this page, Veterans can sign up to receive updates on the VA’s distribution of the vaccine. Please note that Veterans do not need to sign up to receive the vaccine.
Also, please note that there is no charge to receive the COVID vaccine through the VA. Please be aware that there are scams out there, and please advise Veterans that they should not respond to anything asking for a credit card or other private information, like their SSN. Veterans will receive calls from the VA to schedule an appointment to receive the vaccine, and we already have their SSN.