Yes, but there are some stipulations.

The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is a comprehensive health care program in which the VA shares the cost of covered health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries. The program is administered by Health Administration Center and the offices are located in Denver, Colorado.

Due to the similarity between CHAMPVA and the Department of Defense (DoD) TRICARE program (sometimes referred to by its old name, CHAMPUS) the two are often mistaken for each other. CHAMPVA is a Department of Veterans Affairs program whereas TRICARE is a regionally managed health care program for active duty and retired members of the uniformed services, their families, and survivors.

Remarriage: Eligibility for CHAMPVA ends at midnight on the date of your remarriage if you remarry prior to age 55. If you remarry on or after your 55th birthday, The Veterans Benefit Act of 2002, Public Law 107-330, allows you to keep your CHAMPVA benefits.

Termination of Remarriage: If you are a widow(er) of a qualifying sponsor and you remarry and the remarriage is later terminated by death, divorce, or annulment you may reestablish CHAMPVA eligibility. The beginning date of your re-eligibility is the first day of the month after termination of the remarriage or December 1, 1999, whichever date is later. To reestablish CHAMPVA eligibility, copies of the marriage certificate and death, divorce, or annulment documents (as appropriate) must be provided.

If you’re a surviving spouse who remarried but is once again single, also send a copy of the legal document that ended your marriage. This may be a divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment decree.

Be sure to sign and date your application. If your Veteran is applying for you as a spouse, be sure to also include the date of the marriage on the application.

To apply, submit these required documents:

Mail your application to:

VHA Office of Community Care
CHAMPVA Eligibility
PO Box 469028
Denver, CO 80246-9028

Or fax it to: 1-303-331-7809