Support Access to Individually-Configured Wheelchairs

You are here >>:/Support Access to Individually-Configured Wheelchairs/

Support Access to Individually-Configured Wheelchairs

December 3rd, 2015|Updates|

We need to ensure that individuals with disabilities have access to individually-configured wheelchairs and components that best meets their needs.

Veterans Day 2015 Discounts

November 9th, 2015|Updates|

Many businesses honor the service of our nation’s veterans by offering various discounts on Veterans Day. Businesses of every kind are saying, “thank you.”

VetsFirst Bridges Communities

November 9th, 2015|Updates|

Simply put, VetsFirst serves an important role as a bridge between the disabled and veteran communities, which helps both sides to greater effect.

What Veterans Day Means to Me

November 2nd, 2015|Updates|

When I was a Marine Congressional Fellow in 2010, I had it arranged that my father Blair Meglathery officially receive his Marine Corps Good [...]

United Spinal Offers Disabled Vets Access to MyoPro® Myoelectric Upper Limb Orthosis

October 21st, 2015|Updates|

United Spinal Association’s VetsFirst program has teamed up with Myomo Inc. to offer our members the opportunity to receive a MyoPro® myoelectric upper limb orthosis. [...]

What Is The New VA Ruling On The Presence Of Service Dogs On VA Property?

October 5th, 2015|Updates, VetsFirst Q&A|

On August 17, 2015 the VA announced a new ruling regarding service animals in VA Facilities. Under the revised regulation, only dogs will be considered [...]

What Can The VA Provide A Veteran Who Needs Long Term Care?

October 5th, 2015|Updates, VetsFirst Q&A|

The VA Health Care System has expanded their Geriatric and Extended Care Services for Veterans. The Guide to the programs is called The Guide to [...]

Can A Veteran’s Surviving Spouse Adopt A Child After The Veterans’s Death and Receive Benefits For That Child?

October 5th, 2015|VetsFirst Q&A|

Yes, if a veteran's surviving spouse adopts a child after the veteran's death, the following must apply: the claimant submits a decree of adoption showing the surviving [...]

Can The Family Collect VA Survivor Benefits If A Veteran Commits Suicide?

October 5th, 2015|VetsFirst Q&A|

Yes, per 38 CFR 3.302, an eligible survivor can receive death benefits from the VA, if the Veteran was of “unsound mind” at the time [...]

What Is The New Veterans Healthcare Traveling Program?

August 6th, 2015|Updates, VetsFirst Q&A|

Traveling Veterans are Veterans who are enrolled in the VA Healthcare System and plan to spend time away from their preferred VA facility.